Do boys even have bangs?
As nice as a bang-less, jacked up receding hairline could be on a 4-1/2 year old, I had to intervene and bring some semblance or attempt at a straight line to his hair line.
After sleeping on it, I decided the only thing we could do was shave all of his hair off. I also decided to document his version of an extreme makeover and my version - courtesy of a trained professional (my hairdresser was kind enough to buzz his head for free). As typical, the before pictures resemble a mug shot and the after, well, better than a mugshot.

I guess the Before version isn't THAT bad. Just reminiscent of MadTV's Stuart. And the After shows that this could be a great look for him in the summer when the temp starts heating up. Or if he wants to reprise River Phoenix's role in Stand by Me.
3 comments:
OMG - Yikes! Great job documenting the before/after shots. Way to go Momma :-)
My little brother did the same exact thing, although he was a year or two older, and it was one week before he was to be the ring bearer in a large wedding. The shave is the only thing you can do. I actually think the buzz cut is a nice look on Emerson!
Guess you'll be hiding those scissors now! He looks cute! The before reminded me of a young monk! Have fun at the photo adventure! We want to see the snaps, of course.
Post a Comment