That brings me to bring to you one of my personal development obsessions: Planning and Time Management. It presents itself in the procurement and attempted consistent use of a personal planning system. A single system by which I can document and record all personal and professional happenings and occurences. Behold my current system!

Current. That tells you that I have dappled with other planning systems. And I admit it; I have been a bit of a planner junkie. The Libra in me needs it to be cute and functional. So this time I opted for the pretty blue leather binder and the complementary Leadership inserts. The me in me needs to fill it out every day, consistently to gain all of the benefit of total organization.
Herein, the problem lies. I see myself as a planner using, task writing and checking, date placing maven. I just can't seem to execute that. Not every day. Not even really regularly. "They" say (you know, those experts) that it takes 21 days to create or break a habit. So with this knowledge, I am attempting a lifestyle change. One that consistently takes planning into account. Every day. Every single day.
I really think that with a little discipline, I can accomplish this. Just to show you how committed I am to my new goal, let's look at today. As you can see (kind of - the image is pretty small) I have my meetings in the calendar section noted and a manageable task list of which I completed most items.

Color me proud. Today was a very good day. Today is the day I will start counting to 21.
Wish me luck.
5 comments:
You are OUT of the planning closet!!! I'm so proud. Now, that wasn't hard, was it? I am going to post a pic of the planner you inspired me to get.
Now, I haven't even added March yet, so I have a ways to go. But with your inspirational tales, I feel I can become successful.
;-)
You need to add March AND April. You should keep the month past, the current month and the future month in your planner, Grasshopper!
Ahhhhh
Now if I can only remember where I stored March and April.
Do you think there is any hope for me, oh scheduled one?
I really need to get a good planner - maybe my new company will spring for a lovely planner for me! Yours is a Franklin-Covey right?
Deejah, MINE is lime green suede and very nice. Also, on sale as it was last year's model. :-)
Post a Comment